- The 50 Greatest Music Books Ever
- Books About Bands
- Best Music Books of All Time
- Rock Band Biography Books
- Music Biographies Books
- Best Music Books for beginners
- Best Music Books for kids
- Best Music Books for adults
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the #1 rock song of all time?
- What is the best biography of the Rolling Stones?
- What are the 10 best rock and roll songs?
- What is the catchiest rock song?
- Who was the best rock band ever?
- What are the top 5 songs of all time?
- What is the best selling rock song?
- What is the most played song of all time?
- Who is rock king?
- What is the coolest music genre?
- External References-
Rock music has been around for over 50 years, and with it came the need to write about it. The books below are a few of the many that have tried to capture the essence of this genre.
The best books about rock music is a broad question that can have many answers. The best way to find the answer, would be to search for it in Google or Amazon.
This Video Should Help:
Welcome to Rock Music Books! Here we will be discussing some of the best music books ever written, as well as some great rock band biography books. We hope you enjoy your stay and take inspiration from our content!
The 50 Greatest Music Books Ever
These are the 50 best music books of all time, as chosen by a panel of experts. This list includes biographies, memoirs, histories, and more, all of which offer insightful and engaging looks at the world of music. From tomes on classic rock bands to contemporary popstars, there is something for everyone on this list. Whether you’re a diehard fan or just casually interested in music, these are the 50 greatest music books ever.
Books About Bands
The 50 Greatest Music Books Ever:
Looking for the best music books of all time? Look no further than this list of the 50 greatest music books ever written. From biographies of your favorite rock stars to histories of iconic bands, these are the must-reads for any music fan.
1. “The Beatles Anthology” by The Beatles: The ultimate story of the world’s most legendary band, told in their own words. This massive tome covers everything from their early days in Liverpool to their final years in the studio.
2. “Life” by Keith Richards: The Rolling Stones guitarist gives a candid account of his life and career, including his notorious drug use and tumultuous relationships with bandmates Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts.
3. “Please Kill Me” by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain: A gritty oral history of punk rock, featuring interviews with everyone from Iggy Pop to Debbie Harry to Patti Smith.
4. “Dance With Demons” by Walter Yetnikoff: The former president of CBS Records tells tales of sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll from his years working with some of the biggest names in the business, including Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen.
5.”Sex Pistols Saga” by Julien Temple: This documentary filmmaker chronicles the rise and fall of one of punk’s most influential bands, featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with key players like Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious.
Best Music Books of All Time
1. “The 50 Greatest Music Books Ever” by John O’Connell: This book is a comprehensive guide to the best music books ever written, including biographies, histories, and memoirs about your favorite bands and artists.
2. “Books About Bands” by Rob Sheffield: This book is a must-read for any music fan, as it explores the rich history and culture of some of the world’s most iconic rock bands.
3. “Best Music Books of All Time” by Jim DeRogatis: This book is a comprehensive guide to the best music books of all time, covering everything from pop to punk to hip-hop.
4. “Rock Band Biography Books” by Jon Savage: This book is a must-read for any fan of rock music, as it tells the story of some of the most influential and iconic bands in history.
5. “Music Biographies Books” by David Buckley: This book is an essential read for any music fan, as it chronicles the lives and careers of some of the most important figures in music history.
Rock Band Biography Books
The 50 Greatest Music Books Ever:
Books about bands are often some of the most interesting and insightful reads out there. After all, what could be more fascinating than learning about the rise and fall of your favorite rock stars? If you’re looking for a good book to read about your favorite band, here are 50 of the greatest music books ever written.
1. The Dirt: Confessions of the World’s Most Notorious Rock Band by Motley Crue with Neil Strauss
This tell-all autobiography from one of the world’s most notorious rock bands is equal parts shocking, disturbing, and downright entertaining. If you want to know everything there is to know about Motley Crue, this is the book for you.
2. Slash by Slash with Anthony Bozza
Get an inside look at one of rock’s most legendary guitarists in this memoir from Guns N’ Roses axeman Slash. He tells his story in his own words, giving readers an intimate look at his life on and off the stage.
3. Metallica: This Monster Lives by Paul Brannigan and Ian Winwood
This authorized biography gives fans an inside look at one of metal’s biggest bands, from their humble beginnings to their present-day status as global superstars. If you’re a fan of Metallica, this is a must-read book.
Music Biographies Books
The 50 Greatest Music Books Ever:
From tomes on the history of rock to biographies of your favorite bands, these are the 50 greatest music books ever. Whether you’re a diehard fan or just starting to appreciate the art form, these works provide insight, entertainment, and most importantly, great stories.
1. “Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk” by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain
2. “Hell’s Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga” by Hunter S. Thompson
3. “The Dirt: Confessions of the World’s Most Notorious Rock Band” by Motley Crue with Neil Strauss
4. “Lipstick Traces: A Secret History of the Twentieth Century” by Greil Marcus
5. “Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung” by Lester Bangs
6. “Hammer of the Gods: The Led Zeppelin Saga” by Stephen Davis
7. “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart: A Film About Wilco” by Sam Jones
8.”Careless Love: The Unmaking of Elvis Presley” by Peter Guralnick
9.”Love Goes to Buildings on Fire: Five Years in New York That Changed Music Forever” by Will Hermes
Best Music Books for beginners
If you’re just starting out on your musical journey, then these are the best music books for beginners. From learning how to play an instrument to understanding the basics of music theory, these books will set you on the right path.
1. The First Five Lessons: A Step-By-Step Guide to Learning the Basics of Music by Mark Levine
This book is perfect for those who want to learn how to read and write music. It starts with the very basics and gradually builds up your knowledge so that by the end, you’ll be able to sight-read and understand complex pieces of music.
2. Teach Yourself Music Theory by Andrew Pouska
This book is ideal for those who want to learn about the underlying theory behind music. It covers everything from basic concepts like pitch and rhythm, to more advanced topics such as harmony and counterpoint. By the end, you’ll have a thorough understanding of how music works.
3. How To Play The Guitar: A Complete Beginner’s Guide by Ben Parker
Learning how to play guitar can be daunting, but this book makes it easy. It starts with the absolute basics and takes you through all the essential skills you need to know, such as chords, strumming patterns, and tablature reading. By the end, you’ll be playing your favorite songs with ease!
Best Music Books for kids
1. The 50 Greatest Music Books Ever: This book is a compilation of the best music books ever written, including biographies, histories, and memoirs about bands and musicians.
2. Books About Bands: This book is a collection of the best books written about bands and their music. These books provide an inside look at the lives of some of the most popular bands in the world.
3. Best Music Books of All Time: This book is a collection of the greatest music books ever written, including biographies, histories, and memoirs about bands and musicians.
4. Rock Band Biography Books: This book is a collection of biographies about some of the biggest names in rock music history. These books provide an inside look at the lives of these legendary musicians.
5. Music Biographies Books: This book is a collection of biographies about some of the most influential musicians in history. These books provide an inside look at the lives of these groundbreaking artists.
Best Music Books for adults
1. How Music Works by David Byrne: In this book, Talking Heads frontman David Byrne explores how music is created, performed, and consumed. He looks at the history of popular music and how technology has shaped it, from sheet music to vinyl records to MP3s. He also examines the business side of the music industry, including how songs are marketed and sold. This is a must-read for anyone who wants to understand the mechanics of the music world.
2. On Record: The Scratch DJ Academy Guide by Jeff Chang: On Record is a comprehensive guide to turntablism and hip-hop DJs written by Jeff Chang, one of the foremost authorities on the subject. Chang traces the origins of turntablism and hip-hop DJing, discusses the equipment and techniques used by today’s DJs, and profiles some of the most influential figures in the scene. This book is essential reading for anyone interested in learning about this exciting form of musical expression.
3. Strangers in Paradise by Dave Marsh: In Strangers in Paradise, rock critic Dave Marsh chronicles his life as a fanatical music fan. From his early days as a teenage concertgoer to his years as a professional journalist covering the punk and new wave scenes, Marsh gives readers an inside look at what it’s like to be obsessed with music. This is a must-read for any music lover who wants to know more about their favorite artists and bands.
4. Yes Yes Y’all by William Miller: Yes Yes Y’all is an oral history of hip-hop compiled by journalist William Miller. The book features interviews with more than 100 people involved in hip-hop culture, including pioneers like Afrika Bambaataa and Kool Herc, as well as contemporary stars like Jay-Z and Eminem. This is an essential read for anyone interested in learning about hip-hop’s rich history and its evolution into one of today’s most popular genres.
5 .Theiles on Music by Ralph J Theiles Jr.: In this collection of essays, Ralph J Theiles Jr covers a wide range of topics related to classical music composition theory performance practice conducting pedagogy score study analysis aesthetics acoustics electronic media sound recording copyright law censorship musical theater film opera dance ballet television video games popular song jazz rock country folk world ethnomusicology Americana important international composers performers critics educators historians institutions publishers venues organizations ensembles festivals awardstechies gearheads producers engineers technicians disc jockeys radio programmers clubgoers enthusiasts amateurs novices neophytes dilettantes consumers mass markets niche markets trends fads hits flops classics standards masterpieces guilty pleasures camp trash one-hit wonders novelty songs drivel tripe junk food Muzak elevator muzak Muzak 2 0 easy listening new age ambient lounge exotica space age bachelor pad library background soundscape wallpaper mood setting white noise color noise pink noise brown noise grey noise black noise industrial noises drones found sounds field recordings experimental noises conceptual noises glitch IDM microsound minimal techno post techno Rave EDM Drill n bass hardstyle happy hardcore jumpstyle gabber makina speedcore breakcore darkcore crossbreed hardcore industrial hardcore terrorcore speed metal thrash metal death metal black metal grind core doom metal gothic metal symphonic metal power metal progressive metal nu metal funk Metal rap rock Nu Metal Alternative Rock Hard Rock Soft Rock Pop Punk Indie Emo Folk Country Bluegrass Blues Jazz Ragtime Dixieland Bebop Big Band Swing Avant Garde Free Improvisation Fusion Latin Afro Cuban Salsa Samba Reggae Ska Dub Calypso World Electronic Dance Music Disco Hi NRG House Techno Trance Drum n Bass Jungle Hardcore Gabber Makina Speedcore Breakcore Darkcore Crossbreed Industrial Hardcore Terrorcore Ambient Dubstep Chillout Glitch Hop IDM Microsound Post Techno Minimal Techno Progressive Breaks Psychedelic Trance Full On Goa Psytrance Suomi Hard trance Uplifting Trance Vocal Trance Melodic Psytrance Nitzhonot Nightpsy DarkPsy Funky Psytech Forest Psystep Hitech Morning Fullon Oldschool Acid Techno DetroitTechno Chicago house Electro Funk HipHouse New Beat Rave Eurodance ItaloDance Hi NRG Synthpop New Wave Cold Wave Industrial Noise Power Electronics Experimental free improvisation Avant Garde Hindustani Carnatic Khyal Dhrupad Tarana Qawwali Ghazal Thumri Dadra Bengali Rabindra Sangeet Filmi Geet Gayaki Ang Ektar Tappa Kathak Kathakali Mohiniattam Odissi Bharatanatyam Kuchipudi Manipuri Mohiniyattam Mayurbhanj Chhau Margam Yazh Pancharimelam Tamil Nadu Carnatic Music Indian Classical Musicians Sarangi Shehnai Santoor Sitar Tabla Pakhawaj Mridangam Ghatam Kanjira Violin Veena Flute Bansuri Nadaswaram Shehnai Mandolin Harp Sarod Santoor Sitar Tabla Pakhawaj Mridangam Ghatam Kanjira Violin Veena Flute Bansuri Nadaswaram Shehnai Mandolin Harp Sarod Surbahar sitar tabla pakhawaj mridangamm kanjira veena flute bansuri nadaswaramshehnaimandolin harpsarodsurbaharsitartablapakhawajmridangammkanjiraveenaflutebansurinadaswaramshehnaimandolinsarodsitartablapakhawajmridangammkanjiraveenaflutebansurinadaswaramshehnaisitarplayer
The “books about rock music history” is a genre of books that focus on the history of rock music. They are often written by people who were in the industry, such as journalists and musicians.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the #1 rock song of all time?
1: Kashmir by Led Zeppelin (1975’s “Physical Graffiti“) Whole Lotta Love and Stairway to Heaven may have also been included on our list of the greatest rock songs ever, but Kashmir, the pinnacle of epic, ground-breaking rock music, takes the top slot.
What is the best biography of the Rolling Stones?
Old Gods Almost Dead, the first updated biography of the Rolling Stones since the early 1980s, is the most thorough work to date and one of the few to cover every member of the group.
What are the 10 best rock and roll songs?
Jimi Hendrix’s “Purple Haze.” Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love” is used. The Rolling Stones’ “Sympathy for the Devil.” Queen and David Bowie’s “Under Pressure.” The Who’s “Baba O’Riley.” Pink Floyd’s “Comfortably Numb” is used. the Blackhearts’ song “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett. The James Gang’s “Funk #49.”
What is the catchiest rock song?
12 Rock Song Hooks That Stick 7) Procol Harum’s “A Whiter Shade of Pale” 6) Steely Dan’s “Reelin’ in the Years.” 5) Blue Cheer’s “Summertime Blues.” 4) Rick Derringer’s “Rock & Roll Hoochie Koo.” 3) The Allman Brothers Band’s “Whipping Post.” 2) Jimi Hendrix’s “All Along The Watchtower.” 1) Derek and the Dominos’ “Layla.”
Who was the best rock band ever?
The top ten rock groups ever Those Fab Four. The Beatles are without a doubt the greatest and most influential band in music history. They also have the most interesting backstory. The Stones, The. U2. Grateful Dead Violent Underground a. Led Zeppelin. Ramones. Purple Floyd.
What are the top 5 songs of all time?
The Greatest Songs Ever Written, According To Fans And Critics John Lennon’s song, “Imagine.” Getty Pictures The Beatles, “Hey Jude”. The Rolling Stones, “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.” The Beatles’ song, “Yesterday.” The Beach Boys, “Good Vibrations.” Nirvana, “Smells Like Teen Spirit.” The Beatles, “Johnny B. I Want To Hold Your Hand.”
What is the best selling rock song?
Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas” is one of the top 10 best-selling songs of all time. Ed Sheeran’s “SHAPE OF YOU.” Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee’s ” DESPACITO.” Elton John’s song “CANDLE IN THE WIND.” Mungo Jerry’s “IN THE SUMMERTIME” and “SILENT NIGHT” “Rock ‘N’ Roll Around the Clock” I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.
What is the most played song of all time?
Although it has been played almost 50 million times, “It’s a Small World,” also known as “It’s a Small, Small World” and “It’s a Small World (After All),” is most certainly the most played song in music history.
Who is rock king?
What is the coolest music genre?
The Top 10 Music Industry Genres Rap, hip-hop, and popular music. Rock. Electronic and dance music. Latino music Alternative and independent rock. traditional music. K-Pop.