You’ve put together an amazing reel, but there’s one thing missing – music! Here’s a quick guide on how to add music to your reel to make it truly shine.
Checkout this video:
Adding music to your reel is a great way to set the mood and tone of your video. It can also be used to cover up any audio imperfections in your footage. In this article, we will show you how to add music to your reel using two different methods.
What you need
Before you begin, you will need the following supplies:
-A computer with an internet connection
-iTunes or another music player
-The video reel you wish to add music too
-A quiet place to work
Adding music in iMovie
iMovie is a user-friendly video editing program that comes installed on all Mac computers. One of the features that iMovie offers its users is the ability to add music to their reels. You can add music from your iTunes library, or you can import audio files from another source. If you choose to use audio files from another source, you will need to first convert them to an .aiff file before adding them to your iMovie project. In this article, we will show you how to add music to your iMovie reel using both methods.
1) Open iMovie and create a new project.
2) Click on the “Add Media” button and select “Music.”
3) Select the song or songs that you want to add to your reel from your iTunes library.
4) Click on the “Add” button.
5) The song will now appear in the “Media Browser” window. Drag the song into your timeline.
6) Adjust the volume of the song by clicking on the “Volume” button and dragging the slider up or down.
Audio Files Method
1) Convert your audio file to an .aiff file using a program like Audacity (http://www.audacityteam.org/).
2) Open iMovie and create a new project.
3) Click on the “Add Media” button and select “Audio.”
4) Locate the .aiff file that you want to add to your reel and select it.
5) Click on the “Open” button.
6) The audio file will now appear in the “Media Browser” window. Drag the file into your timeline.
7) Adjust the volume of the audio file by clicking on he “Volume” button and dragging teh slider up or down.”
Adding music in Windows Movie Maker
To add music to your project in Windows Movie Maker, click on the “Add music” button in the taskbar. This will open a window where you can browse your computer for audio files to add to your project. You can also add music from a CD by clicking on the “Add music from a CD” button.
Once you have found the audio file you want to use, click on it and then click on the “Open” button. The file will be added to your project and will appear in the “Timeline” pane. You can then drag it to the position you want it to play in your movie.
Adding music in Adobe Premiere Pro
If you’re adding a song to your reel that you need to lip-sync to, or if you just want the music to play in the background, here’s how to do it in Adobe Premiere Pro:
1. Find a song that you like and download it. Make sure it’s in an audio format that Premiere Pro can handle, such as MP3, M4A, or WAV.
2. Import the song into Premiere Pro by dragging it into the project panel, or by going to File > Import and choosing the file.
3. Place the song on the timeline where you want it to start playing.
4. To make the music play in the background without any dialogue or sound effects, drag the volume line down so it sits below the other audio tracks.
5. If you want the music to play over dialogue or sound effects, you can place it on its own track and raise or lower the volume as needed.
Adding music in Sony Vegas Pro
Before you add music to your reel, you need to make sure that you have the rights to use the song. You can do this by purchasing the song or getting permission from the artist. Once you have the rights to use the song, you can add it to your reel in Sony Vegas Pro.
1. Open Sony Vegas Pro and click “File.”
2. Click “Open.”
3. Locate the song that you want to add to your reel.
4. Click on the song and then click “Open.”
5. The song will now appear in the “Project Media” window.
6. Drag the song from the “Project Media” window into the Timeline at the bottom of Sony Vegas Pro.
7. The song will now appear in your reel.
Adding music in Avid Media Composer
You can add music to your reel in several ways in Avid Media Composer. You can use the Music tool to create original music, or you can import existing music.
The Music tool lets you create original music using a variety of instruments, including drums, keyboards, and guitars. You can also use the Music tool to import MIDI files and audio files, and you can control the tempo, pitch, and other properties of your music.
To add existing music to your reel, you can import audio files and video files. Avid Media Composer supports a variety of audio file formats, including AIFF, WAV, MP3, and AAC. You can also import video files that contain audio tracks, such as QuickTime movies and MPEG-4 video files.
Adding music in DaVinci Resolve
In order to add music to your reel, first select the audio track that you would like to use by either navigating to the media pool or choosing an audio file from your computer. Once the track is selected, click and drag it down into the timeline. By default, the reel will automatically line up the music with the video. If you need to make adjustments, simply click and drag the music track to line it up with the video.
Adding music in Final Cut Pro X
In Final Cut Pro X, you can add music to your project from the Media Browser or from GarageBand.
To add music from the Media Browser:
1. In the toolbar, click the Media Browser button .
2. In the Media Browser, select Music.
3. Locate a song in the Media Browser, then drag it into your project.
To add music from GarageBand:
1. In the toolbar, click the Share button , then choose Send Project to GarageBand.
2. In Garageband, add tracks and record audio until you have a complete song.
3. To return to Final Cut Pro X, click the Share button , then choose Return to Final Cut Pro.
Adding music in GarageBand
If you want to add music to your reel in GarageBand, here’s what you need to do:
1. Open GarageBand and create a new project.
2. Click on the track header and select “Audio.”
3. In the file browser that appears, navigate to the folder containing your music files.
4. Select the files you want to add to your project and click “Open.”
5. The files will be imported into GarageBand and appear in the track view.
6. To add the tracks to your project, drag them from the track view into the timeline at the bottom of the screen.
7. Once you’ve added the tracks to your timeline, you can edit them by double-clicking on them or using the various tools in GarageBand.